Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Our Sunday


I (Tiffani) have been delegated the task of posting today, so I thought I'd tell you all about Jennie's and my fun and yet heart-breaking time at church on Sunday at this orphanage in town. The kids were so precious. It took us 45 minutes and some 4 wheel drive maneuvering because of traffic and the biggest potholes I've ever seen....but we made it and it was totally worth it. We ate lunch with them and got to hear more of their singing and see them dance. Actually, a group of older girls lead the music part of the worship along with some very talented little drummers and they had some almost choreographed dance moves. It struck me as ironic that these little children who have nothing and have often experienced great amounts of pain are able to sing songs with words like "God is my comforter...provider....protector." their faith and love seem to run so much deeper than should be possible at their tender ages. The orphanage "mother" commented to me at one point that she thought we would all be surprised about who gets any kind of "reward" when we get to heaven. The last shall be first and the first shall be last. I think these little ones who had so little worldly possessions will be shoved to the front of the crowd. How beautiful they are!

the rest of our team has either already left or will be leaving Thursday night. Please pray for their last day in the states as they prepare to leave. Pray for safe travel to Kampala and for our trek to Gulu on Saturday. From what I've heard from people here, it could take us up to 8 hours, but 5 hours at the minimum. Pray for those roads and for all of our bodies. It will be a long weekend, but we are all looking forward to finally being together as a team and heading up north.

No comments: