Sunday, August 31, 2008

Home Safely

I am kind of at a loss for words. How do I put into words the depth of our experiences in Uganda? So many things happened the last week we were there – rafting on the Nile (which we are thankful to have lived to tell about), continued service working with the kids at Mercy House and in the slums of Katanga, treating our Come Let’s Dance friends and Jennie Otte to a “fancy” dinner, Prayer Mountain, the house where we were staying being robbed, the building of new friendships and the strengthening of old ones. Now, being home, I look back on this trip as being the most adventurous one that I have ever taken. It was good, hard, life giving, depleting, joyous, challenging, and overwhelming to name a few. I truly have a new found admiration and respect for those who give their lives in full time missionary work…and find joy in it. I am glad I went, but I am glad to be home. Thank you for all your prayers and words of encouragement. We truly appreciate them and each one of you. Please continue to pray for those who are living and serving in Uganda with Come, Let’s Dance. They are wonderful, amazing people and need all the prayers, encouragement, and support we can give them. Thanks again and may God draw you closer to His heart this day.
Tanya

1 comment:

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

So good to hear the updates Tanya. I kept checking and hoping for more! I'm so glad to hear that you have returned safely and are reflecting on God's goodness and what He's taught you through this time.