Sunday, August 17, 2008

Play-Do and Day Care in the Slums



Tanya and I have spent a couple mornings in the slums just doing day care with the kids. The first day was overwhelming when we tried to hand out sweeties and stickers – all the kids just crowed around. Luckily there were a couple older children around to help the kids take turns form lines!

One day Tanya & I made homemade play-do to bring to the slums for the kids. We set up stations for play-do, books and coloring. At first the kids had no idea what to do with the play-do – luckily I only saw one kid who attempted to eat it! They seemed to have a lot of fun, were laughing and cheerful! The kids were so much more calm the day we played with play-do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so interesting following your travels around Uganda. Looks like you're having a good time and you're in good spirits.

Susan said...

The pictures and the commentary was incredible! It brought me to tears to realize how much we take clean water for granted. I'm so amazed at the adventures you are having even though it is very difficult sometimes. I'm proud of both of you and the many others who are giving so selflessly. My heart has been touched deeply by this blog. God bless you.
Love, MOM

Cindy Miller said...

Wow, what an awesome experience the two of you are having and so wonderful that God is allowing you to work in the lives of these families. I'll continue to keep you in my prayers and ask God to guide you.