Sunday, August 31, 2008

Winding Down


Chady and I had wondered at the beginning of our trip what our purpose was in visiting CLD and Nansana at this time. There were only two of us and we didn’t really have any big plans. We were just going to encourage those at CLD, play with the kids, paint, and be used by God in whatever way He saw fit. Even though I am still not completely sure of why we were there, I know that God knows. He gave us a glimpes of His purpose. We were encouraged to know that we had been an encouragement to those we were staying with at CLD. That was an answer to prayer. Also, knowing that from the beginning, God had orchestrated this trip, we trusted that He knew the greater plan. I believe that He has done more than we will know. I could sense the spiritual aspect of life SO intensely while over there. I know there was a lot more going on than we could just see. Praise God that He is in control…

We were able to meet up with Jennie Otte and take her out to dinner with all of us. Hearing some of what she has experienced in the last year while living in northern Uganda was so amazing and overwhelming. It was so evident in her story and just our daily life in Uganda that we are all alive by the grace of God…nothing more. Sometimes it was overwhelming and at other times so joyous. It is something that I had heard about Africa before I went – the extremes: the joy, the sorrow, the love, the hate, the beauty, the ugliness. Life in Africa…we only experienced it for a short time, but I am truly grateful for the opportunity.

No comments: